Mary Young, MA, LCMHC
SPECIALTY: Licensed Mental Health Counselor
Adults, Couples, The Work of Byron Katie
I work with you on the stressful thoughts that cause anxiety, depression, anger, sadness, low self esteem. By bringing these thoughts into awareness, into your own clear light, it allows you to see options for living peacefully, joyfully, with kindness to yourself. This work is informed by The Work of Byron Katie, www.thework.com.
MA, Counseling Psychology, Antioch New England University, 1988
BA, Sociology, Manchester College, 1968
I have been practicing psychotherapy since 1985, received my license as a Clinical Mental Health Counselor in 1992, and have been in private practice since 1991. As a licensed counselor, I receive a minimum of 40 hours of continuing education credits every two years.
I am a Certified Facilitator of The Work of Byron Katie.
My professional interest is to:
- Bring kindness, respect, gratitude and honesty to our time together
- Listen well, speak with integrity
- Help you listen to yourself
- Foster clear communication—speaking and listening—in all your relationships
- Identify the stressful thoughts that cause anger, depression, dissatisfaction, low self esteem
- Use those stressful thoughts as a path to your own peace
- Offer The Work of Byron Katie as a tool to meet your own intelligence, peace, Knowing
- Know that we are the peace that we seek
Vermont Mental Health Counselors Association